NeTraverse Merge 5.3 provides customers with the powerful capability of utilizing Windows® and DOS® applications concurrently with their mission critical UNIX ® business applications on SCO OpenServer ™ Release 5, or UnixWare ® 7 platforms.
This allows customers to reduce their overall infrastructure investment by minimizing
the number ofservers and desktop workstations in their environment.
With fewer servers and desktop platforms, customers can not only reduce the amount
of money they spend on hardware, but also lower the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) by having fewer platforms to administer.
NeTraverse Merge 5.3.x, which can now be installed on UnixWare 7.1.2 and UnixWare 7.1.3 systems as well on SCO OpenServer 5.0.7 and 5.0.6 systems, includes the
- Support for Windows ME, Windows 98 (including Windows 98 Second Edition and Windows 98 Upgrade), Windows 95, and DOS operating systems along with many DOS and Windows applications.
- Support for Microsoft Windows VNET Networking on SCO OpenServer systems, allowing SCO Merge users, UNIX users and native Microsoft Windows systems to share files and print facilities via the Microsoft ® Windows Network Neighborhood.
- Support for current web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 and 6 as well as versions 4.x, 6.x and 7 of Netscape Communicator ™. A wide variety of personal and office productivity tools such as Microsoft Office 2000 ™ and Outlook ™ are also supported.
- Support for audio playback including use of several popular Windows audio playback applications when configured in conjunction with the OSS sound drivers for UNIX from 4Front Technologies. (The OSS sound drivers are not included with NeTraverse Merge and must be purchased separately from 4Front Technologies.) Information regarding 4Front Technologies is available on the World Wide Web at: www.4front-tech.com
- "Zoomless" installation of Windows. A UNIX console is not required to be present during the installation of Windows. This increases not only the ease of installation but also enables Windows to be installed on Merge from a remote X-client device.