We place a primary emphasis on the SCO OpenServer product line and optional products. SCO OpenServer is the world's most popular UNIX operating system for the Intel platform., delivering tried and true performance, affordability, with unmatched reliability, scalability, and flexibility.
With over 20-years experieince in the specialization in SCO Unix Support and SCO Unix Virtualization on SCO Unix Virtual Servers in VMWare.
OpenServer 6 is SCO's latest Operating System. Computer Business Consultants, Inc has an exclusive migration agreement with many software vendors to migrate their software to the latest release of OpenServer 6 with a 100% migration success rate.
Out of the box, SCO OpenServer lets businesses manage e-mail, simplify collaboration, protect data with secure back-ups, connect a mobile work force, and share high-speed Internet access. In addition, SCO OpenServer delivers a reliable platform for single certification enabling less work for ISVs and more applications for customers.
Read the SCO OpenServer 6 Datasheet [HTML] [PDF]
SCO OPENSERVER 6 EDITIONS
||Special user bump
With OpenServer 6, SCO is introducing a new low entry level edition to the OpenServer family replacing the Host and Desktop Editions. The new Starter Edition is configured and priced for customers that need a full-featured, low cost server platform for supporting edge of network services, such as a file and print server or to run a small business environment.
- The Starter Edition contains all of the same performance, reliability, and scalability features that you have come to expect from OpenServer, but is packaged with a two user license, and support for a single processor and 1 GB of memory, all at a new low price.
- The new Starter Edition can be expanded as customer needs grow. Additional users, memory and CPUs can be added to the Starter Edition! (this is different to the former Desktop license)
- The additional user licenses for the Starter Edition are different from those for the OpenServer 6 Enterprise Edition.
- SCO has revised the default configurations of the Enterprise Edition to provide more value along with the major new features contained in this latest OpenServer release.
- The Enterprise Edition now ships with 10 user licenses and support for 4 physical processors enabled. It is licensed to support 4GB of RAM.
- Additional user, CPU, and memory licenses can be added on demand.