High-Availability Clustering Solution
ReliantHA is a clustering solution for enterprises requiring high levels of application and data availability. Businesses today are increasingly dependent on large servers to support their information processing needs, and any interruption in these services can be enormously expensive.
- High-availability clusters of 2-to-4 nodes, with all nodes simultaneously active
- Automated fault detection and recovery
- Supports standard Intel-compatible enterprise servers with off-the-shelf RAID and networking solutions
- Includes tools to create custom fail-over configurations with sample detectors and scripts
- Graphical installation and management
- Runs on UnixWare 7.1.3, the leading price/performance server operating environment
- Supports fail-over of both UNIX and Linux applications running on UnixWare
- High availability and workload balancing using heterogeneous UP and SMP servers
- Fast recovery of data services to client systems without operator intervention
- Wide choice of affordable, high performance components
- Fine-grained controls permit tailoring to your specific needs
- Single point of control simplifies cluster administration
- Enterprise class performance and scalability with access to thousands of applications
ReliantHA increases the overall availability of applications and critical data by connecting multiple servers together as nodes within a single high-availability fail-over cluster. Applications do not need to be aware of the operation of the cluster, and all nodes within the cluster may be used simultaneously for processing.
ReliantHA extends the high performance, Reliability, Availability and Scalability (RAS) characteristics of the UnixWare server operating system editions to provide continuous monitoring and fault detection of applications, resources, and entire nodes. In the event of a failure, automated recovery scripts are initiated to enable rapid or transparent restoration of services, depending on the application. Recovery actions include the unattended restart of resources, switching to alternative data paths, or migrating services to other systems within the cluster. Once a failed node has been replaced or repaired it may be returned to service in the active cluster. A graphical Configuration Manager provides a single point of control for the entire cluster.
ReliantHA is ideal for increasing the availability of business critical applications such as transaction processing, database, web, file and print services.
ReliantHA can take advantage of new features in UnixWare 7.1.3, such as the ability to run Linux applications natively under the updated version of LKP, to utilize large software RAID volumes spanning multiple disks created using ODM, and to support fault tolerant high performance Multi-Path I/O capable devices for data storage.
- Supports 2-to-4 node loosely coupled clusters
- Graphical Installation and Management
- Local and remote administration capabilities
- Included in the UnixWare 7.1.3 Optional Services enhancement products (part of the UnixWare 7 Media Kit)
- Continuous monitoring and rapid detection of hardware, resource, application and full system failures
- Reliable, redundant private network paths between systems using Ethernet or serial connections
- Shared data bus provides alternative path to stored data in the event of a node failure
- Customizable detectors and recovery scripts written in C, C++, or shell scripting languages
- Transparent to all UnixWare 7 applications
- Predefined scripts for SCOoffice Mail Server, NFS, and databases
- Supports shared NFS configurations
- Comprehensive scripting capabilities for describing application start up, recovery behaviour and dependent resources