E-mail and Collaboration for SCO UNIX Servers
SCOoffice Server 4.1 combines security and reliability with a friendly, full-featured Internet e-mail and collaboration solution. Designed with comprehensive security and collaboration features, SCOoffice Server prevents e-mail viruses, filters out junk e-mail, schedules group meetings, shares address books, and manages group tasks.
SCOoffice Server is a reliable, full-featured Internet e-mail solution. SCOoffice Server not only lets you control e-mail, but it also lets you control those who may send and receive Internet e-mail. In addition, your traveling or offsite workforce may send and receive e-mail securely from anywhere in the world.
Viruses, SPAM, and Security
SCOoffice Server stops e-mail viruses, filters out junk e-mail, and secures remote access. Because SCOoffice includes server-side antivirus protection, it stops viruses before they reach desktop systems.
With the skyrocketing cost of receiving, storing, and processing junk e-mail, SPAM blocking is a must. The built-in SCOoffice Server SPAM filters make blocking junk e-mail effortless.
If you have an offsite or a traveling workforce, then secure access is essential. SCOoffice Server lets your offsite workforce securely collaborate and use e-mail from anywhere in the world.
SCOoffice delivers real-time collaboration for scheduling group meetings, sharing contact lists, and managing group tasks. Instead of calling people to find available meeting times, simply select those to attend and schedule the meeting immediately.
If your workforce needs to schedule resources and equipment such as conference rooms and projectors, then that's no problem. SCOoffice Server eliminates the need to make a dozen phone calls to schedule a single meeting.
The built-in collaboration software enables shared contact lists, folders, journals, notes, and group task lists. The SCOoffice Server solution helps any office collaborate and work more efficiently.
Microsoft Outlook, Web Browsers, and E-mail Readers
SCOoffice Server integrates with Microsoft® Outlook® and industry-standard Web browsers and e-mail readers. With a single click of the mouse, Outlook users are configured to use the advanced SCOoffice Server e-mail and collaboration features.
SCOoffice Server also integrates with industry-standard Web browsers such as Internet Explorer, Netscape®, and MozillaTM. From Web browsers, users access the WebClient for sending and receiving e-mail and for collaborating with Outlook and other WebClient users.
In addition, SCOoffice Server also integrates with other industry-standard e-mail readers such as Netscape, Mozilla, Outlook Express, EudoraTM, and others.
SCOoffice Server works great for businesses with non-technical administrators like business owners and administrative assistants. The simple-to-use interface lets you easily control users, aliases, mailing lists, junk e-mail, passwords, and much more. Simple SCOoffice Server dialogs streamline even complex tasks in a quick and efficient manner.
Features & Benefits
Leverages Industry-standard Protocols, E-mail Readers, and Web Browsers
- Provides advanced, scalable, full-featured Internet e-mail server management
- Supports local, remote, and Internet-standard e-mail protocols including SMTP, POP3, and IMAP4
- Supports popular e-mail clients including: Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, EudoraTM, MozillaTM, Netscape®, and others
- Supports industry-standard Web browsers including Internet Explorer, MozillaTM, Netscape®, and others for complete e-mail and collaboration
- Includes free/busy calendaring services for Microsoft Outlook and Web browsers
Delivers High Performance and Reliability
- Provides a modular mail transfer agent, which processes each task separately, minimizing the impact of errors
- Uses high performance SMTP-based message routing
- Uses native Internet mail content stores and retrieves MIME content without any problematic conversions
- Supports customizable monitoring of core services and selectable actions when problems are detected
Provides Security and Privacy
- Supports X.509 certificates
- Supports SSL 3.0, Simple Authentication and Security Layer (SASL), and Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- Includes secure system access
- Secures server (with relay controls) from spammers and hackers
- Includes ClamTM antivirus and supports commercial grade antivirus from McAfee® and Sophos®
- Includes SpamAssassinTM for filtering out junk e-mail
Includes Easy-to-use Server Management
- Includes consistent, easy-to-use administration interface for managing users, aliases, domains, and system
- Presents complex tasks with simple, intuitive dialogs to simplify administration for non-technical users
- Provides administration and user interface in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish
- Blocks specified users from sending or receiving e-mail over the Internet
- Attaches messages to every outbound e-mail message, if activated
- Lets administers securely manage the server locally or remotely
Includes Easy-to-manage User Preferences
- Provides easy-to-control contact lists, vacation messages, mailing lists, junk e-mail filtering (SPAM), user passwords, and much more
- Configures Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express for accessing SCOoffice Server with a single click
- Presents complex tasks with simple, intuitive dialogs for non-technical users
Provides Advanced Microsoft Outlook Integration
- Enables e-mail, calendaring, group scheduling, resource scheduling, and other collaborative activities
- Shares folders, contact lists, journals, notes, and tasks
- Enables private discussion groups
- Provides enhanced Internet LDAP address book with full Outlook compatibility